miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2020

Barend Jenkins (CEIP Campo de los Judios- Ponferrada)

"Kia Ora!
 
It’s probably obvious because of my apparent lack Spanish speaking skills, but right now I'm experiencing a completely different world than what I’m used to back home in my country of New Zealand. I finished highschool last year in 2019 and what pursued was completely unexpected, I had no idea that I would be living in Spain this time 2020, however as unpredicted as it was, I am internally grateful for my choice to volunteer and teach here. I’m working through a volunteer programme called “Lattitude” (they also do exchanges from Spain to work in New Zealand) and even though I have arrived here with a support net work in place the whole experience was still intimidating to begin with, a new country, with none of my friends from New Zealand or family for that matter, so I was understandably slightly nervous when I first touched down in mid January here in Ponferrada. Nerves are to be completely expected but what exceeded by expectations was the warm welcome and the amazing care that my new friends, fellow teachers and most importantly my international family the Sánchez Montoya’s would give to me. From day one I have felt like a valued member of the community here in Ponferrada so much so that I have to be reminded that I have only been here for a matter of months and not years. My work at the school is so enjoyable, from the teaching and interactions with the wonderful students to the wonderful social environment thats created by the fabulous teachers here at CEIP Campo de los Judios, I feel like I can rely on them if I ever need anything or have a worry, I have to give my sincerest thanks to both the school, teachers and definitely to my Ponferrada family for making my first taste of Spain so sweet. I’m looking forward to spending the next few months here and hopefully improving upon my already fantastic experience even more. " - Barend Jenkins



 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario